Saturday, August 09, 2008

the Morrie Schwartz of my life.

I just finished reading Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom...and yes, I cried.

I learned lots of lessons from this story...and as I continue living my life, I hope that I could touch other people's lives, like what Morrie did.

What really struck me is that there's this person who greatly influenced me. Quoting Shane, "To the core" talaga. For 4+ years, I was molded by him.

This person shared his philosophy and wisdom to me. He may not be experienced with everything, but he gives the best advice. Wanna know why? Its because he thinks a lot. He considers every side of the story, which I failed to do so. I used to be so stubborn...but this guy taught me how to be sensitive. He's the reason why I am who I am right now.

But of course, he got benefits from me, too. I was a substitute for experience.

"Dahil sayo hindi ko na kailangang subukan ang mga bagay-bagay nang wala akong alam ukol dito. Mas napag-uukulan ko ng pansin ang mga bagay na dapat nga naman pagtuunan ko ng pansin. At nakakatulong ako."

That's a part of his palanca letter. Yes, I know, Tagalog.

He could have chosen people that has the same thinking level as his, but he didn't. He chose ME. To be his best friend and the one whom he could trust. But that was before we went to college.

I TERRIBLY MISS HIM.

Like Morrie and Mitch, our communication (the deep one) was broken. But of course, we continued with our college lives. But I'm not used to this, until now. I spent my high school days talking to him non-stop, and he listens to every detail of my experiences.

If I was given a chance to tell him this, I really would. I hope our bond would be the same again.

But I shouldn't hope too much. Maybe I should do the same to others, to influence them with what he taught me. In that way, I could touch other people's lives and use these moments to remember how he touched my life, too.




But still. I know he would come back. Soon.